Answers to Quiz on chapter-2 of book Linux Device Drivers
1.Function passed to module_init is invoked when
Ans. Module is loaded into the kernel
2.The utility used to compile kernel modules is
3.A module can not call functions defined in
4.A module always runs in the
Ans. Kernel space
5.current returns a pointer to
Ans. struct task_struct
6.struct task_struct is defined in
7.The option -C passed to make causes it to
Ans. Change the directory
8.modporbe not only loads the module passed to it but also
Ans. loads other modules on which the given module depends
9.command to list the currently loaded modules in the kernel is
10.module compiled for one kernel version can not be loaded in kernel of other version.
Here is the solution to the Quiz on chapter 1 of book Linux Device Drivers
1. A device driver provides
2. A piece of code that can be added to kernel at runtime is called as
3. /dev/conosle is a
Ans: Character Device
4. To link an object code dynamically to the running kernel we can use the command
5.Who is allowed to load modules into the kernel ?
6.The linux is versioned under which license ?
Ans: GNU GPL 2
7.Which of the following is not a class of devi ce
8.Third party softwares should be treated with care to take care of the
Ans: Security of kernel
9.Is it possible to compile the linux kernel with not support for modules ?
10.Linux supports only i386 architecture true or false ?
1.In which year was the linux kernel released under GNU GPL license for the first time?
2.The penguin was chosen as the official mascot for linux in
3. The linux foundation is the merger of
Ans. OSDL and Free standards group
4. Which famous computer scientist said this in 1992 “Linux is obsolete”?
Ans. Andrew S. Tanenbaum
5. Linux 1.0 was released in
6. When did microsoft first contribute to linux source code ?
7. Which of the following is a linux based company and was started in 1994 ?
8. Which of the following companies invested a billion dollars in to linux in the year 2001 ?
9. In which year did Linus Torvalds appear on the cover of Business week ?
10. Which of the following Linux Desktop environment (GUI) was started in the year 1997 ?